make check discussion

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 17 18:53:31 PDT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 09:52 pm, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> > And this is referencing, in turn, the point on the binutils Pass 1
> > page that says there's little point in running the test suites.
> >
> > I believe Bruce is building a system from unstable so his point is
> > valid.
>
> Then the unstable book text needs to be changed.
>
>  [R]

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

"Normally we would now run the test suite, but at this early stage the
test suite framework (Tcl, Expect and DejaGNU) is not yet in place. And
there would be little point in running the tests anyhow, since the
programs from this first pass will soon be replaced by those from the
second. "

Why would this need to be changed?  Is that statement wrong?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net