glibc make check error

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 20:46:42 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:45:01AM +1000, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Or alternatively (as 100 is usually group "users") if the users
> group doesn't exist on the host(?), create one, and create lfs user
> as a member of group users... better than using an arbitrary lfs
> group

I disagree. Arbitrary is the way to go. What was it you said in the make
check thread about assumptions? If we don't imply any uid/gid we don't
have to assume anything about the host. Some distros use 1000 as the
default. Again, glibc doesn't care what the number is. All it cares
about is that if you are assigned gid 54321 there needs to be a group
name for 54321 in /etc/group.

--
Archaic

definition, not smart enough to debug it."

- Brian Kernighan