glibc make check error

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Jun 17 21:11:42 PDT 2004

Archaic wrote:
> I disagree. Arbitrary is the way to go. What was it you said in the
> make check thread about assumptions? If we don't imply any uid/gid we
> don't have to assume anything about the host.

I agree we should set -g during creation of the lfs user,
just reckon lfs should be a member of the users group (for whatever
gid it is on the host).

Saves on an extra group being added (and ensures lfs has all the
access rights of a "user" if perms have been tightened)

This group should exist, but if it doesn't it would need to be created
and therefore would be arbitrary (or you could choose gid 100 ;-) )

But hey, its a pretty minor issue ;-)

[R]