glibc make check error

Uli Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Fri Jun 18 11:30:39 PDT 2004

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au, Jun 18, 11:45 +1000:

> Or alternatively (as 100 is usually group "users") if the users group
> doesn't exist on the host(?), create one, and create lfs user as a
> member of group users... better than using an arbitrary lfs group

Well, if the idea of using user "lfs" to do Ch5 instead of your normal
user id "joe" is to protect you from destruction caused by user error,
then I'd say that user "lfs" should have its own group, instead of group
"users". Another layer of protection, sorta.

uli

--
Uli Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli
GETCO 2004 -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli/getco04