e2fsprogs --disable-evms

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 19 09:42:08 PDT 2004

Folks,

Why was this option added?  ./configure --help says that it'll disable
the building of the EVMS plugin.  That got me googling, the result of
which pointed me to http://evms.sourceforge.net/.  So, I now know what
to write in the description for that option, but I still wonder *why* we
disable it.  There's no Changelog entry for that option going in to the
book, and the only thing I can find in the archives is
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-book/2003-November/009396.html
saying we *might* want to use the option, but again not why.

Thanks for any insights,

Matt.

PS: Kudos to Anderson, Jeroen and Jeremy H for their work on the search
engine - much easier to find what I'm looking for now :)