Error in /etc/hotplug/pnp.rc script

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun Jun 20 12:25:09 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>On Sunday 20 June 2004 02:08 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>

>>/etc/hotplug/pnp.rc: line 16: return: can only use 'return' from a
>>function or a sources script
>>
>>The line should probably be:
>>
>>[ -d /sys/bus/pnp/devices/ ] || exit 0
>>
>>  -- Bruce
>>

>This showed up in lfs-hackers on Friday:
>http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2004-June/001485.html

OK, but the messges says 'upstream notified'.  The problem is actually
in one of the lfs hotplug patches, hotplug-2004_04_01-isapnp-2.patch.
Is someone going to fix the patch?  If necessary, I can make simple
changes to the file on belgarath.

Also, would someone clarify for me when things should be posted on
lfs-dev and when things should be posted on lfs-hackers.  It strikes me
that if its in the book, even unstable, it should be on lfs-dev.  Is it
time to merge the two lists?

  -- Bruce