Error in /etc/hotplug/pnp.rc script

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sun Jun 20 15:07:30 PDT 2004

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 20 June 2004 02:08 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>

>>> /etc/hotplug/pnp.rc: line 16: return: can only use 'return' from a
>>> function or a sources script
>>>
>>> The line should probably be:
>>>
>>> [ -d /sys/bus/pnp/devices/ ] || exit 0
>>>
>>>  -- Bruce
>>>

>> This showed up in lfs-hackers on Friday:
>> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2004-June/001485.html
>>

> OK, but the messges says 'upstream notified'.  The problem is actually
> in one of the lfs hotplug patches, hotplug-2004_04_01-isapnp-2.patch.
> Is someone going to fix the patch?  If necessary, I can make simple
> changes to the file on belgarath.
>

> Also, would someone clarify for me when things should be posted on
> lfs-dev and when things should be posted on lfs-hackers.  It strikes
> me that if its in the book, even unstable, it should be on lfs-dev.
> Is it time to merge the two lists?
>

>  -- Bruce

The determination was, if it's in the unstable book, it belongs on
hackers - Testing/Stable belongs on LFS-Dev.  The reason for this is,
unstable is much more rapidly moving target.  We're just in a situation
right now where there is no testing, since we're waiting for GCC 3.4.1
before cutting to testing.

At any rate, your testing of unstable is much appreciated, Bruce!

-J-