"Mandatory" kernel configuration requirements for lfs-bootscripts-2.1.2-pre1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 23 08:23:21 PDT 2004

Hiya,

It seems to me that to use lfs-bootscripts-2.1.2-pre1 package, the
kernel must be configured with a few options. I for one never enable the
hotplug options seeing that I have no use for it. Then I notice that the
udev script (called from rcsysinit.d) wants to write a value to
/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug which may or may not exist.

Either there has to be made mention of this in the book, or the script
should simply check to make sure /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug exists before
trying to write to it.