"Mandatory" kernel configuration requirements for lfs-bootscripts-2.1.2-pre1

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 23 14:49:04 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 05:17 pm, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Gerard Beekmans said the following on 23-06-2004 17:41:
> > Instead of assuming CONFIG_HOTPLUG is enabled, it should be
> > documented that this is expected. Assuming a certain kernel
> > configuration just isn't a good way to go about things.
>
> The kernel documentation is up for an extensive rewrite. Since
> LFS-6.0 will build NPTL, the book requires the reader to build a 2.6
> kernel on his host. Accompanied documentation is written on
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=BuildingHostKerne
>l. For the LFS kernel, a proposal for restructuring and consollidation
> of kernel-related pages is assembled on
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=BuildingKernel.
> These pages should be integrated in the book. The first can be
> integrated now;

Both the links on this page for upgrading your LFS 5.x sytem recommend
using gcc-2.95.3 to build the kernel.  If this page will go into the
book, can we either get the authors of these hints to update the text
*or* create new hints that specify using gcc-3.3.x?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net