SVN repsoitory now live

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 24 15:05:39 PDT 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 17:37, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/LFS/trunk/BOOK'
> > svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/LFS/trunk/BOOK': 405 Method Not Allowed
> > (http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org)
>
> IIRC, Matthew said that HTTP (aka WebDAV) access to the SVN repository
> was not going to be turned on (the Method Not Allowed may be due to your
> svn client using the WebDAV-specific HTTP method of PROPFIND).

Ok, ignore this one then. I'm still wondering why (security? need to touch
apache?)

> > Another problem: I can't use file protocol to checkout on belgarath:
> >
> > $ svn co file:///home/svn/repositories/LFS/trunk/BOOK LFS
> > svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
> > svn: Unable to open repository
> > 'file:///home/svn/repositories/LFS/trunk/BOOK'
> > svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> > /home/svn/repositories/LFS/db: Permission denied
>
> Don't know on that one for sure, but does the svn:// protocol work
> locally also?

Yep, it works. But I suppose local access using file: is quicker than using
svn: (not sure, though, as I cannot test the first option :o). If someone
tells me such difference is insignificant, I'll use svn: for the scripts
then.

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org