Kernel chapter and modules

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Thu Jun 24 23:52:35 PDT 2004

I am going to add the following things to the book:

1) Zack's "modules" script (as-is, although I don't like it -- see below)
2) a new page (before kernel.xml) explaining how modules are loaded and
devices are created in LFS.

Also I am going to document the /etc/sysconfig/createfiles file in the book.

Any objections to the above?

No objections in 7 hours = svn commit.

The thing that I don't like in Zack's script is that it displays a
"FAILURE" message if at least one module fails to load. The reason why I
don't like this is that it is different from the behaviour I get when I
compile a wrong module into the kernel. Zack's script displays the
"FAILURE" message, while the kernel silently ignores the wrong driver.

However this is not a showstopper since it doesn't require me to press
Enter :)

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr \!-: a-z | tr n .