Udev nitpicks

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Jun 25 05:49:55 PDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:36:58 +0600
"Alexander E. Patrakov" <see at the.sig> wrote:

> Proposed solution:
>
> Remove usblp entry (line 59) from udev-config-1.permissions file
> Replace line 29 in udev-config-1.rules with:
>
> BUS="usb", KERNEL="lp[0-9]*",   NAME="usb/%k", SYMLINK="usb%k"

No. this stinks.

if you must change something, change the BLFS instructions for cups to
include adding a symlink so cups can use the legacy naming. this can
either be a static one or one created using udev.

In fact, I believe that LFS should be using all the new device naming
schemes, *especially* /dev/vc/* and friends, but it doesnt at present.