SVN repsoitory now live

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 25 13:43:52 PDT 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 15:45, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo <lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > Ok, ignore this one then. I'm still wondering why (security? need to
> > touch apache?)
>
> Well, you know all those permission problems?  They get worse the more
> access methods you enable!  Plus the svn:// protocol meets our needs for
> the time being, and means we don't have to change Apache's
> configuration.

Fair enough.

> Who is running the cron jobs? I'd assume it'd be lfswww, right? If so
> then that user just needs to become a member of the svn group and it
> should checkout via file:// fine.  No idea on any performance
> differences between the two.

I would prefer to use the permission-free svn:// protocol on the scripts then.
It just happens that sometimes we need to run the update-website.sh script
manually (to make some change live imediately, for example), something that
all members of the lfswww group should be able to do if necessary.

> Hope this helps,
Thanks for the clarification :)
--
Anderson Lizardo