Proposed Change - RFC - net-tools to iproute2

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun Jun 27 10:36:03 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:
> nstat - is nothing like netstat, it reads the snmp information from
> the kernel to give statistics

So what's used to show the current network connections in an iproute2
installation?  Anything?  Nothing else listed on the iproute2 page of
the book you linked to sounds like it will do it.

Like I said, I can live with both packages being put in the book (or
with just a few programs from net-tools along with iproute2), but
unfortunately I don't think a lot of other people will agree with that.

> As far as bugs in net-tools, there are a lot of them. Some know and
> some not.
>
> *snip bug list*

OK, so it is actually not being maintained then.

That's fine, I just wanted to make sure.