Proposed Change - RFC - net-tools to iproute2

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 27 12:48:18 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:
> [...]

Thinking about this again, route, netstat, and arp we could probably do
without.  ifconfig is necessary tho.  Do you by chance have a pointer to
the script, or a copy of it?

> Net-tools could be moved to BLFS to keep the tools that everyone seems to
> want to keep.

Accept for hostname, but I'm half tempted to pull the gettext one and
see for myself how difficult it is to make it compatible with the old
net-tools one and drop it as patch against coreutils.

-- DJ Lucas