Proposed Change - RFC - net-tools to iproute2

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 27 23:27:53 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:
> Thank Bryan for pointing out my typo, I will correctly state my point.
>
> It does not affect system performance.
>
> As for as hostname, the hostname from coreutils doesn't support -f. There is
> a big archive list on this particular topic.
> Here is the start of the thread
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2003-10/msg00037.html

It's possible, with a couple little changes (pulled decnet options), to
drop hostname.c from net-tools into coreutils package.  I just did it
and it works fine.  I even took 5 extra seconds to put in the coreutils
version message and credit hostname to the net-tools package.  I'll
probably just go forward like that for myself, but would LFS be
interested in doing the same?

-- DJ Lucas