BLFS CVS Patches

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 28 10:59:54 PDT 2004

Hi all,

This is an update with what's going on with BLFS CVS patches.
This is my understanding of the project and not official
information. Contact Jim or Manuel for full details.

Manuel is developing a script which will scan the BLFS CVS
source .xml files to produce a list of patches used. Then,
the patches are copied from .../patches/download/ to
.../patches/blfs/cvs when the script is run.

The script was run last night and was mostly successful. There
were some patches not copied. So, there are some patch links
broken right now. Eleven to be exact. Here's a list:

OpenSP-&opensp-version;-LITLEN-1.patch
gsview-&gsview-version;-lang-1.patch
gsview-&gsview-version;-pstotext-1.patch
linux-2.4.26-packet-1.patch =====> This patch is needed by UDF-Tools
nas-1.6-bison_fix-1.patch
openoffice-&openoffice-version;-domainname-1.patch
openoffice-&openoffice-version;-jdk_1.4.2_fix-1.patch
sgml-common-&sgml-common-version;-manpage-1.patch
tetex-src-2.0.2-remove_readlink-1.patch
xine-ui-&xine-ui-version;-curl-1.patch
xpdf-3.00-freetype_2.1.7_hack-1.patch

I created this list by pulling directly from the .xml files.
Some of the references have hardcoded version numbers. I'll
go in and change this to &package-version; entities.

--
Randy