Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 30 11:48:18 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:45:49 -0400
Anderson Lizardo <lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 June 2004 13:15, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > > It appears that HEAD is being rendered and synced to the mirrors,
> > > but it's what is in CVS and not Subversion. Is there going to be a
> > > cutover date when Subversion will start being rendered during the
> > > scheduled cron runs.
> >
> > I was going to respond to your previous post regarding this.  I'm
> > going to attempt to get a render-on-commit going tonight.  That is,
> > as soon as someone changes the book, a new version will be
> > generated.  If this works out successfully then I'll declare
> > render-lfs.sh (our current cron job script) obsolete for regular
> > renders of the book, although it'll need to be made svn-aware for
> > when a release is made.  Anderson, can you deal with this please?
>
> Okay, I'm looking into it now.
>
> BTW, Is it possible for the render-on-commit script just call
> render-lfs-book.sh with the apropriate parameters? I'd like to avoid
> duplicating the "core" code (i.e. the actual rendering code) if
> possible.

Err, yes of course.  Come to think of it, I don't know how I was
thinking of rendering the book without using render-lfs-book.sh.
Probably just calling `make` directly I guess.  Anyway, I'll wait until
you've looked into sorting the script out, then I'll tell subversion to
do it's thing.

Thanks,

Matt.