Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 30 13:39:38 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy Utley" <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

> Something to be aware of when trying to set up render-on-commit -
> whatever commands are used to render will run as the user who *MAKES*
> the commit, so all LFS editors will need to have write access to the
> directories where the HTML is written to.

If we make the httpd user a member of the svnlfs group and make those
directories group writable I think that'd work, but is it secure enough?
 Additionally, render-lfs.sh will have to be group executable of course.

> Another thing we MIGHT want to consider is adapting to run "make
> validate" first, to ensure the commit is sane - if it isn't sane,
> write an error back to the person doing the commit, and NOT render the
> book again.

Yep, I was gonna do the pre-commit hook at the same time as the
post-commit hook.  Only one set of tests to carry out then :)

Cheers,

Matt.