A new render of newxml

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 1 04:44:51 PDT 2004

M.Canales.es said the following on 30-04-2004 17:49:

>>Also, links shows redundant sets of links that look like this:
>>
>> Link: home
>> Link: up
>> Link: previous
>> Link: next
>

> This set of links are placed in {head} by default for both the DSSSL and XSL
> StyleSheets. I don't now if this is required by something (i.e.
> accesibility). Maybe Jeroem could say us if we must stay with it or if can be
> safely removed.

/Jeroem/Jeroen
-> score 2-2 ? :-)

There are actually three sets of navigational links currently on the
website:
- in <head>
- top of <body>
- bottom of <body>

The <head> links are good for accessibility and usability (use eg. Opera
or <Firefox with http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#linktoolbar>
to see them in action). They are also good for establishing meaningful
(semantic) relationships between sets of documents.

I agree that Lynx/Links/W3m/YourFavoriteTextBrowser should not be
presented with superfluous sets of links. Based on the fact that most
people will read top-> bottom, the links at the top are the least useful.

Thus, I propose to eliminate the top navigational links (ul
class="headerlinks")

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans