New PDF look

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 1 16:27:55 PDT 2004

On Saturday 01 May 2004 16:12, M.Canales.es wrote:
> Here is the PDF version of newxml using the lfs-pdf.xsl stylesheet 0.9pre1.
> There are many chages from the previous version.
>
> http://www.lfs-es.org/newxml/lfs.pdf.bz2
>
> I'm very happy with the new look ;-)

So do I :-)

Just minor suggestions:

- Gerard's signature at Foreword section has a (somewhat ugly) gray
background. I suppose this is because the <literallayout> tag was defined on
the stylesheet to have such background color. The same goes to the "All
packages" and "Needed patches" sections.

- I see many occurrences of "--" on the acknowledgements section. Can them be
replaced with a "wide" dash ("em dash" or — in HTML)?

- The page references on "How things are going to be done" have an additional
space such as "[p.8 ]". The references on the packages index seem okay.

- [not directly related to the PDF output] the "Structure" section describes a
"Part IV" which doesn't exist.

- Can the cover page and those with the text "Part XX" have a centered
vertical alignment?

Thanks for all your work on this!
--
Anderson Lizardo