A new render of newxml

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun May 2 08:39:40 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> M.Canales.es said the following on 02-05-2004 15:56:
>
>> El Sáb 01 May 2004 13:44, Jeroen Coumans escribió:
>>
>>> Thus, I propose to eliminate the top navigational links (ul
>>> class="headerlinks")
>>
>> This will be good for text browsers, but not sure if this will be
>> accepted for graphic browsers :-?
>
> Apart from the inconvenience of having to scroll down or hitting the
> "end" key, what are the arguments against eliminating those links? No
> functionality is lost and usability for text browsers will be greatly
> improved.

The usability/convenience for graphics users here is the big issue.  If
you look at all the LDP pages, they all have links at the top.

What is the number of people that use text broswers compared to the
number of graphics browser users?

Do text browsers use style sheets at all?  If so, there may be a way to
create a style {display: none} for top nav links for these browers.

  -- Bruce