A new render of newxml

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 2 09:10:43 PDT 2004

Bruce Dubbs said the following on 02-05-2004 17:39:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> The usability/convenience for graphics users here is the big issue.  If
> you look at all the LDP pages, they all have links at the top.

That's stupid. People read from top to bottom. The most logical place
for navigational links is thus at the bottom. What are their reasons for
placing them at the top?

> What is the number of people that use text broswers compared to the
> number of graphics browser users?

I have no idea, although I'm sure someone can find out with the Apache
access.log for lfs/view/{stable,cvs,test}

> Do text browsers use style sheets at all?  If so, there may be a way to
> create a style {display: none} for top nav links for these browers.

Text browsers ignore stylesheets because there is no point in supporting
them for their goals.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans