More Bugzilla Issues

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at venus.sac.accd.edu
Mon May 3 08:40:50 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:
> Bruce I have looked at a few of the bugzilla's you have posted.
>
> 748 - should be marked as invalid.
>
> 783 - should be marked as resolved, but the faq should be updated with the
> information from the cvs on the mtab file for make check on e2fsprogs.
>
> 786 - I agree that change needs to be made for consistency

Jim, Thanks for the update. I'm sure one of the editors will use your input.

I'd like to remind all of the QA role WRT Bugzilla.  QA does not make
decisions on whether a bug is valid or not.  That is the role of the
editors.  QA reports the status of bugs and validates fixes when the
editors mark the bugs fixed.  (I haven't done a very good job of this
latter task.)  When a release is made, QA marks validated bugs closed.

   -- Bruce