A new render of newxml

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue May 4 05:33:37 PDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Like I said, we should make a compromise; there is no solution which
> will please everybody. There are several possible scenario's:
>
> 1. leave all navigational links.
> Pros: good for graphical browsers
> Cons: text browsers get duplicated top links (IMHO not acceptible)
>
> 2. remove top navigational links
> Pros:
> * text browsers get top & bottom links, no duplicates

 OK, I'll have another (shortened) try at replying (my reply on Sunday
got sent to the moderator because of "suspicious headers").  What is the
problem in a text browser ?  I looked at the rendering of newxml on
Sunday in lynx - named links along the top, Prev and Next at the sides
of the "page title".  Loss of space minimal, functionality excellent.

Ken