5.1 Release Criteria

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 4 14:38:28 PDT 2004


On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:17:08 -0600 (MDT)
"Nathan Coulson" <conathan at conet.dyndns.org> wrote:

> It has bugged me a bit about releasing new versions of the bootscripts
> because of changes to the blfs side of the bootscripts, perhaps I
> should split them apart in the future.  [but I rather wait until 5.1
> is released before someone makes a decision, if that is ok].

I would prefer them to be split although I obviously don't want to tread
on anyone's toes here.  Are there any scripts that are required by both
projects - i.e. a change in either of the books may require an update to
it?  If so this may require a little more coordinated effort, but
certainly less than is currently required by bundling all BLFS scripts
in the LFS bootscript tarball.  As you said, such a split should only be
done post-5.1.

Thanks,

Matt.

PS: I've re-read my response and realise I may have come across as a
bit harsh.  FWIW, this wasn't my intention at all.




More information about the lfs-dev mailing list