IMPORTANT -- check your settings on this list

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 5 08:02:36 PDT 2004

Guys,

Something happened tonight that caused the lfs-dev configuration to be
corrupted. The backup configuration was corrupted too. Seeing Mailman
keeps its config files in Python "pickle" formats, it wasn't easy to try
and restore it.

I ended up having to run "strings" on the binary file to get a list of
email addresses but I have no way of knowing which of those were digest
or normal users, or recently unsubscribed (there are binary status marks
in the pickle file that would tell me, but to figure that out would take
me hours that I don't have).

If you were a digest user, you aren't anymore and you'll have to go back
to reset that setting. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Website team: please post this email as an announcement on the website.