5.1pre2 - comments on tests [ ppc32 ]

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu May 6 05:47:31 PDT 2004

Apart from my problems with locales (previous posting), the chapter 6
tests are generally looking good.  I'd like to make the following
comments on the toolchain.

glibc : 20031202 fails at the maths tests, later versions have done
better. (NB execution stops at the first failure).  I'd really like to
see -lfs-rc1, with updates so it doesn't need a recent sed, getting in.

Following are just for the archives, for ppc users:

binutils : as noted previously, 2.14 test ok with the patch to revert
the ld tests to what is in hjl.

gcc : the usual 3.3.3 failures (io/filebuf_members.cc, cannot run the
abi-baseline tests (missing file), gcc fails 20020103-1
(scan-assembler), altivec-5 (maybe only on a G4/G5), duff-2).

Ken