[NOT SOLVED] locales in tests (5.1pre2)

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Thu May 6 23:04:49 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Of course this method would not catch the need for a locale that has not
> been installed, but is requested by setting the environment variable and
> calling setlocale() with "" as its second argument. But I am sure that I
> don't have such situation because I installed all locales.

I was a pessimist again. This situation _can_ be caught, it looks like:

setlocale(LC_ALL, "fu_BA") = "(null)"
setlocale(LC_ALL, "") = "(null)"

I.e., one has to look for "(null)" at the right hand side. There are no
such lines in the log files attached to my previous message.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .