What is LFS anyway?

jeremy at jutley.org jeremy at jutley.org
Sun May 9 00:53:25 PDT 2004

> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 10:56:06AM -0700, jeremy at jutley.org wrote:
>>
>> Don't read bugzilla much do you?  There's been a bug open for
>> approximately 2 years to add readline to LFS - IIRC, Zack has done that
>> in
>> CVS HEAD currently.
>
> Why? Bash has a built in readline functional enough for many packages
> out there. Readline seems to be an unneeded addition suitable for BLFS.
> What in a base LFS cannot live without readline?

Bash's internal readline doesn't affect ANY other package out there.  At
the very least e2fsprogs can benefit from having readline installed, and
I'm sure there's other programs that can as well.

Once again, trying to stand in the way of progress, now that we've finally
got some development happening.