Bootable CD

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Sun May 9 17:39:13 PDT 2004

I have read the hints and FAQs pertaining to bootable cd's, and while I'm
grateful for the help and direction, I'm still struck by the inherent
awkwardness of having to setup and rely upon another, often larger and
clumsier, Linux distribution.  Might it be helpful to many users to provide
a bootable system CD from which they can begin reading the current book,
downloading packages, and compiling the system?

Perhaps I'm missing something important here, but it seems like it would be
at least a nice starting point for a clean system, and at most it would save
the user much headache working around/with another distro.

Jeremy Huntwork

http://www.jenacon.net