Bootable CD

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 10 08:39:45 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 10-05-2004 02:39:
> I have read the hints and FAQs pertaining to bootable cd's, and while I'm
> grateful for the help and direction, I'm still struck by the inherent
> awkwardness of having to setup and rely upon another, often larger and
> clumsier, Linux distribution.  Might it be helpful to many users to provide
> a bootable system CD from which they can begin reading the current book,
> downloading packages, and compiling the system?

There are iso's available, and we also recommend Knoppix. See
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html#bootcd and
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#what-dist

Since LFS is still more a learning exercise then a distribution guide or
DIY Linux, we don't start with a boot CD (although this might change,
given the recent discussions on the direction LFS should take).

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans