Merge BLFS and LFS? [Was Re: What is LFS anyway?]

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 13:38:28 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> For me, the distinction between LFS and BLFS always was the different
> goals and philosophy each project has.
> <snip differences between LFS and BLFS that I agree with>

I agree with all the differences. But with people voting to include
optional things such as ppp, dhcp, hotplug, openssl, wget, lynx, etc.
into LFS, it seems that users and developers are asking for
one-stop-shop. That is why I (a bit reluctantly) offered the alternative
of merging the projects instead of the "mv pkg{1,2,3,4,5} BLFS/BOOK
LFS/BOOK".

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org