Guiding Principles (Repost)

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon May 10 20:21:25 PDT 2004

> scp is most certainly NOT LFS material.

scp aint the argument, you get that for free with openssh, and requires
zero setup.

The question is, should LFS come with a mechanism for remotely logging
in out of the box?
And if we get a remote copy program for free thats just a sweetener

I don't particularly give two tosses either way, I'll still install
openssh first as all my builds are done remotely... I pity the poor
bastards building on headless systems in a lights-out environment
though if they are stupid enough to reboot before building at least
ssh from BLFS.

[R]