What is LFS anyway?

Jerry Gaiser jerryg at gaiser.org
Tue May 11 12:04:04 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 11:49, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> >Careful there...
> >
> >The penetration of broadband in the US is something like 40%. There's
> >still a *lot* of folks accessing the internet via good old copper and
> >modems.
> That stat includes users who don't use Linux, and probably will not in
> the near future. I suspect most  LFSers are on a always-on connection
> with a firewall/router. Would be interesting to get a count of that.

I get very defensive about the broadband/modem connection issue. As
someone who sits at the end of *many* miles of crappy copper and who
suspects that there a lot of other linux users in the same boat.

So count 1 full-time Linux user who really needs pppd.

And an aside.. I just discovered LFS after many years of Linux use
(sometime prior to 0.12). I'm really enjoying the books you folks have
put together.

I have 12 years experience as a software evaluation engineer with Intel
Corp and I hope I can someday add some of that experience to this
project.

--
jerryg at gaiser.org -- http://www.gaiser.org
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. - Robert Heinlein