What is LFS anyway?

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 11 12:17:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 03:01:40PM -0400, Daniel Espinoza wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 14:49, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> > Jerry Gaiser wrote:
>
> I am using bellsouth DSL with a SpeedTouch Modem (and I am on-line 24/7), and
> I need to use pppd (patched for PPPoATM and some tricks to install the
> appropriated modules) with PPPoATM, no DHCPD (no for that at least).

I'm using BellSouth DSL too, also with a SpeedTuch modem too.  I refuse to
touch pppd.  Perhaps you should go read up on modding your ST Home into a
Pro so that you can have the connection handled at the modem instead of on
your machine.  It'll be even more always-on-ish than it currently is, since
you'll carry you IP across any number of reboots.