What is LFS anyway?

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Tue May 11 18:58:57 PDT 2004

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> That stat includes users who don't use Linux, and probably will not in
> the near future. I suspect most  LFSers are on a always-on connection
> with a firewall/router. Would be interesting to get a count of that.

In Russia, the monthly cost of the always-on connection is 2600 rubles
per month + 2.4 rubles per megabyte on the cheapest provider (my friends
complain a lot about its quality). My wage is 2800 rubles per month (the
average wage is 5000 roubles per month in Russia, but I am a student),
so I just can't afford this at home. And dialup is just 0.3 roubles per
minute.

For reference, 1 USD = 29 rubles.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .