My Plans

jeremy at jenacon.net jeremy at jenacon.net
Wed May 12 10:53:20 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> IMHO, the inclusion of hotplug changes focus of the  core goals of LFS
> (namely, a usable system instead of an educational experience) and
> requires Gerard's and/or Matthew's approval.

While I agree about having the approval, esp. where major changes are
concerned,
I don't see how hotplug changes the focus.  Remember, an educational
experience is only 1/4 of the stated principles in LFS.  If you're not
trying
to build a usable system, what's the point in learning how to build
LFS?  Perhaps it's not necessary for building LFS, but what's wrong with
including hotplog as an optional path?

Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net