MAKEDEV script, lfs 5.1 pre2

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Wed May 12 11:52:11 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Jeremy Utley said the following on 12-05-2004 19:19:
>  >>
>  > Why worry about it? :)  LFS 5.1 is the last version of LFS that will
>  > need make_devices anyway - the next version will be udev-enabled.
>
> Is udev an operational requirement for the stable kernel already? If
> not, it should only be in unstable.

As has been explained many times on list, no it's not an operational
requirement. But, udev probably has more testing done on it from the LFS
community than makedev does or will. For that reason alone I see it as a
better choice for the testing book.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182