Package updates for 5.1 release

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 12 12:52:00 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to validate LFS 5.1, but was waiting for what I
>> thought was a change in glibc.  I see that HEAD just got a new
>> version of glibc, but not 5.1.  Can someone (Matt?) please give me a
>> status of what packages are going to be in 5.1 that are not there now.
>
> Glibc is still waiting...Ryan's got the final version basically,
> ready, but just has to tar it up.  It'll be the lfs-rc1 version that's
> been floating around, along with some fixes for older versions of sed.
>
> Beyond that, there should be no changes in the 5.1 packages.

I would also like to request an upgrade of lfs-bootscripts so that samba
bootscript can be added. There won't be any change w.r.t. lfs so there
is no need for any additional testing before releasing (other than
making sure that the download links for the package are correct).

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/