[Proposal] Using install in place of mkdir/cp

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 12 12:56:52 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Well, what we're talking about here is one specific place, that being
> the initial creation of the directory structure in chapter 6.  IMHO,
> it's not really needed there, and it might actually make that set of
> commands more complex, since we'll have a couple of directories that
> won't be able to be included in the {} expansion.

I was refering to using "install -d" instead of "mkdir -p" and "install"
instead of "cp" in all places. It would be worth researching why most of
the packages use install in most of the places.

Also, did not understand what you meant by the {} expansion.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/