LFS-5.1-pre2 glibc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed May 12 13:30:19 PDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Ken, could you do a ppc build again with the rc1 tarball just to
> confirm that the issues with the books current listed glibc tarball
> go away?

 It won't be finished before I go to bed (and if I'm really unlucky I'll
have to turn it off to cool down, building with gcc-3.3.3 thrashes that
box hard in glibc and X), and because firefox comes way down a script
which runs after X has been built it will probably be sometime tomorrow
p.m. (UTC+1) before firefox is finished.

 In the meantime, building chapter 5 with rc1 (host is the current
5.1-pre2) the glibc tests got as far as resolv/tst-leaks.out and timed
out.  This is a lookup for 1.0.0.27.in-addr.arpa which sounds
suspiciously related to the sort of browser slowness I've seen.  Maybe
this was hidden by earlier failures on the host, but if so it's odd that
it should appear in chapter 5.  At least the chapter 6 glibc passed all
the tests (except posix/annexc, which gets ignored).

Ken