[Proposal] Using install in place of mkdir/cp

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 12 13:38:35 PDT 2004

El Mié 12 May 2004 22:18 Jeremy Utley escrbió:

> But, in the case we're talking about right now, mkdir is a KNOWN entity
> (we installed it ourselves
> in chapter 5).  I kind of like the educational value of the use of
> install, personally, but other than that,
> we don't gain anything, and actually make the creating directories stage
> more complex, because
> of the need to special case 3 directories.

Left the creating directory stage like is now, and use "install" in the
instructions to install packages. By this we will show both methods and we will
make use of "install" when it can be actualy needed, to install binaries.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/