LFS-5.1-pre2 glibc

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Wed May 12 15:05:28 PDT 2004

Ken Moffat wrote:
> This is a lookup for 1.0.0.27.in-addr.arpa which sounds suspiciously
> related to the sort of browser slowness I've seen.

(You mean *1*27.in-addr.arpa, right?  Otherwise, that could be the issue
right there...)

Do you know offhand whether the glibc tests use an internal resolv.conf,
nsswitch.conf, and (possibly) hosts file?  I remember a huge wait in
something if resolv.conf didn't have a line for 127.0.0.1 and DNS wasn't
quite right, or something like that.

Does it help to create a fake /tools/etc/nsswitch.conf pointing at only
"files" for hosts, and a fake /tools/etc/hosts containing the localhost
to 127.0.0.1 mapping?  Or maybe just the files in /etc...