[Proposal] Using install in place of mkdir/cp

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Wed May 12 16:15:13 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:47:02PM -0700, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Well, what we're talking about here is one specific place,

Actually the example in BZ was jsut an example. Sorry for not being more
clear, but I was referring to a more expanded use. Especially when we
move binaries around. The directory creation was just a convenient place
to show how useful it could be since we have to chown in a separate
command and the use of install eliminates that need. Plus add Tush's
comments about package updating and install really starts to look good.

--
Archaic

the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle
for independence.

- Attributed to Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)