Package updates for 5.1 release

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 16:58:58 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Me and Nathan are already planning this for some point in the future -
> when we agreed to put the BLFS
> stuff into the bootscripts package, we didn't at the time think about
> a situation like this, where LFS has gone
> into package freeze, but BLFS hasn't yet.

I had thought of that, but I had assumed that since lfs and blfs
bootscripts are in seperate directories, there would not be any
objections to releasing a new version with changes only to the
lfs-bootscripts/blfs directory.

> For this particular problem, we can easily do a 2.0.6 release, and not
> have it part of the LFS book.  Instead, BLFS
> can link to that in their book.

When DJ has the script ready, BLFS can add it to the book in the config
section as we used to do previously. So there won't be any need for an
additional release.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org