Package updates for 5.1 release

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 12 21:47:12 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
>> But I am surprised that you are willing to make a new release
>> immediately after upgrading a critical component such as glibc.
>
> The glibc has been undergoing serious testing for some time - Ryan is
> just finalizing the tarball that people have been testing for some time.

Yep, but the general populace has only been testing what is currently in
the 5.1-pre2. So it is not very widely tested. I would be wary of
updating such a critical component at such a late stage.

But don't let my pessimism stop the release, just voicing a concern. I
am sure you folks know what is best.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/