Next XML changes

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 13 02:01:54 PDT 2004

Bruce Dubbs said the following on 13-05-2004 04:14:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>> BTW I put a copy online at
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/less.html so others can view
>> it more easily too. Probably too late for 5.1 though...
>

> Overall it looks nice, but IMO there is too much vertical whitespace and

Vertical whitespace is for improving readability and to let a reader
more easily identify different sections.

> I'd reduce all font sizes one size (20%).

I haven't defined a font size anywhere, so you should change your
default browser font size :-). This is to prevent claims of unreadable
(tiny) text. Other sites who take a similar apprach are slashdot,
freshmeat and mozilla.org.

But we never defined a font-size for the HTML rendering of the book, did
we? So IMHO we shouldn't do it now either.

> As a bonus, try adding:
>
> div.navheader {
>     z-axis: 1;
>     position: fixed;
>     width: 95%;
>     top: 0px;
> }
>

> h1.sect1 {
>     margin-top: 5em;
> }
>
> :))

Nice, but takes away to much screen real estate :-)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans