My plans

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Thu May 13 23:21:22 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 11:03:13PM -0700, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> OK, I'll explain this ONE MORE TIME, and this will be the end of it.

Don seems to have understood fine. He was voting for the removal of
procinfo and ed, the retention of the autotools, and not including
readline. And he gave his rationale (which is the same as mine). We
agree with you on what readline does. We differ on its usefulness in a
base system. We also differ on the usefulness of the autotools. We do
agree on ed and procinfo, though. :)

--
Archaic

You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it
will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it
would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered

- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.