Building kernel

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 14 10:40:03 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> The scanner is NOT in /dev! Scanners are supposed to be used via
> /proc/bus/usb in 2.6 kernels, see the help in 2.6.0, before they
> completely removed scanner.ko and its help.

Ahh, well that shows my ignorance for not having a scanner (or ever
using one in Linux) <G>

I am very surprised that this implementation ever got accepted into the
kernel (accessing devices via /proc/bus/usb).

If that's the case, then the (relatively) simple solution is to not
bypass the walk of /proc/bus/usb in usb.rc just because /sys/bus/usb
exists, but rather to do them both.